La Galleta Y El Chile (A Mother/Wife/Student Rant)



La Galleta, Y El Chile


How do you vent your frustrations? Do you have a go to person that always answers your texts, or phone calls? I don't usually. If I happen to pass by my go to co-worker, I am able to get some quick thoughts (positive, and negative) out of the way. A couple of days ago, while sitting in the car alone after my lab class, I came up with a new way of releasing tension: La Galleta, Y El Chile. I thought instead of waiting for someone to make themselves available to talk to me, I would write down one good thing or positive quote, (galleta) and one negative thing that I need to say out loud to just release it (chile). Would that help you feel better? I know it would make me feel better, like letting some steam off, or losing the weight off your shoulders. Ultimately, since the week I have been practicing La Galleta Y El Chile, I have felt much, much better. There are things that I could not tell my husband, things I disliked about him. There are things that I could not say out loud because I felt like I would be judged, or criticized. If they are your true, and real feelings then you wouldn't want anyone else's opinion about it, after all its a feeling that you have for you, not for anyone else. I came tot he conclusion that nobody really cares what you do, feel, or think. Everyone is in the same sinking ship. What does it take for someone to care? Apparently, too much. The unfortunate result is that you feel violated that you opened yourself up so much, and nobody gave shit, its not their problem after all. Is it bad that you can be empathetic to others, not at all, but what about when it comes to you and how you feel? I understand that I have used up all of my get your vent on rants with those close to me. My Husband, my Sister, anyone close to me is basically fed up. Nobody cares anymore, they heard all of my stories. I am a full time student, work part-time, and I am a Mother, and Wife. If my plate is not full enough, when I do my daily reflections in the morning, I feel like walking my ass back into the house, and going back to sleep. What's the point? There is a point. Do I really want to go back and work dead end jobs that I loathe? No. I want to be successful, and independent for my children's sake. It is not their problem, they should not have to be stressed out and think that their Mom can't afford to give them a healthy lifestyle, that she does not have enough money to pay the soccer referee on Saturdays. I do not want my children to suffer, as I suffered due to the monetary situation that my parents experienced. I crave security, family, indulgence, and everything in between. I value their existence, my children are not a burden. Children should feel loved, appreciated, and respected. They will be the ones that will look after us (Adults) when we get older. La Galleta Y El Chile, a simple idea that I believe can empower your mind, and allow you to release the good and the bad that life throws at you. 




I apologize for the grammatical errors, I am working on it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disneyland 2010

It's never too late to go back to school, my ode to Rio.

Troubled....